Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bloom beautiful bloom!

(Photo courtesy of Hip Hip Gin Gin)
Mum bought a lovely bunch of light pink peonies around Mother's day. Many of them rapidly went into full blossom and filled our living room with a light, fresh fragrance.
However, I noticed one or two of these flowers remained tightly closed. I wondered if they were dead. Should I bin them?
Perhaps, they are still there, waiting for their moment. Give them a chance, I thought.
A few days later, these tight buds gently opened up their petals to their full blossom. I admired their beauty and their struggle to bloom.
What did I learn from the flowers?
Just because you are slower to bloom, doesn't make you any less valuable.
Perhaps you needed that extra bit of life giving water,
a little bit more time,
a little bit more courage.
You are able to bloom too.
Others will appreciate your bloom when others have faded or moved on.
Walk your journey out at your own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment